Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Counting my blessings...

Tonight I find myself really counting my blessings... As many of you know... Jake has been suffering with a concussion that he got at football practice on Thursday night. We took him to his third Dr. in 5 days and they (at Children's Mercy Hospital) confirmed that he is suffering from post-concussion syndrome (severe and almost constant headaches that could last a few days or up to a couple months!) and the poor boy also has strep throat. We feel so bad for him and have been worried too. As always something good always comes from something "not so good". I feel so lucky to have been born into such a wonderful family, with such caring friends, and to live in such a great safe community. It's been amazing how many people have called, texted, and emailed to check on Jake. And I know many many of you have kept Jake in your prayers for a quick recovery. Wow, he's a lucky boy... and so are we. I know it's easy to take things for granted because we get so busy and caught up in all of our "to do's", but as I sat in the ER I realized what I (we) have. :) I definitely know I've been blessed... I hope I'm living the life God wishes for me and I hope I'm always open and willing for Him to guide me where He wants me to be. Please pray for Jake to have a quick recovery... I want my happy, fun, chattering kid back. :)

Also, I read an article on a sweet little girl named Marley in the Liberty Tribune last week... She's only 18 months old and her mom is a teacher in Liberty. Let's all help this sweet little girl... October 3rd is Jake's bday (and also the Hannah Montana concert that Tay and I are going to with friends), but I plan to run by the garage sale. And October 10th is Jake's football teams Homecoming, but I'm going to see what I can do to participate in the walk. No matter what... Let's all pray for this sweet little girl...

UPCOMING EVENTS TO BENEFIT THE MOORE FAMILY....

A HUGE GARAGE SALE!Over 50 families have donated items and 100% of the proceeds will go directly to "Marley's Medical Fund"!!!!OCTOBER 3, 2009 665 Butternut CourtLiberty, MO 64068(291 and Clay Woods Drive, follow PINK signs!)

MILES FOR MARLEYA 5k walk will be held in Liberty, MO on OCTOBER 10, 2009. Please visit the link below for more information...click on the MILES for MARLEY icon on the bottom right hand side of your screen!
http://ls.liberty.k12.mo.us/

No comments: