Friday, July 2, 2010

Thinking of others first!!

You all know how much I love the Klove radio station!! Last month Klove was conducting a "month of selfless living" by encouraging all their listeners to live a month without complaining about ANYTHING and by ALWAYS putting others first instead of ourselves. Many people think they do this, but very very few actually do. A few months ago (maybe more) our church service was about "selfless living". I've always tried to think of others first, but when I really begin to "purposefully" make sure I always put others first I realized that it takes constant dedication to make sure I don't put my own needs first. I've begin to notice a real sense of joy in myself as I've consistantly put others before myself. I'm so much more aware of what is meant by joy verses happiness. I've always read about how we aren't suppose to focus on feeling "happy" on earth, but instead to feel "joyful", but although I thought I did, I never really understood the difference until now. The feeling of joy is "deeper, calmer, more stable and constant" then the fleeting up and down feeling of happiness. Happiness seems to depend alot on the external part of me such as how others make me feel, etc. But joy, seems to come from me... Inside... No matter what is going on externally, if I'm focused on God and I'm really thankful for everything God brings to my life, then I can feel joy anytime, all the time. So while the feeling of complete happiness is terrific at times, I'm learning to really strive for a complete sense of "joy".
I wish you all joy! And a very blessed and safe holiday weekend!
Love,
Nic
luckily,

No comments: